04 October 2002

A good day

Today was glorious. I got up and left the room within ten minutes at eight-thirty and still had time for a decent breakfast before hum lecture. The lecturer was Jay Dickson, whom I love. Then I went to physics lecture, and I felt like I actually learned something for once. In hum conference I contributed to the conversation and just generally enjoyed myself. In Russian I got homework back with few mistakes and felt like I really understood the material.

After Russian I went to lunch and checked my mail. In the mail was a package from my mother (yayfor!) with a pitchpipe, two rolls of quarters, and my leatherman. My meds also came from the mail-order place. And it was good. And we ate lunch with Laurel, which is always good. Laurel is silly and just generally rocks my world. After that I read Shayna's journal and found out she was happy and was just generally yayyayyay.

After lunch we went to Hawthorne to go shopping. I drooled over skirts and, finally, bought (with Jay) a reeeeeally ugly shirt which I shall someday take a picture of myself in. Basically, it's a bright blue mesh shirt with a mesh hood, some pieces of orange reflector tape, and a pathetic little yin-yang on the back. It's beautiful. At the Red Light I also bought these sparkly rainbow docs which are in very good condition and in my size. They look like rainbowy disco balls. I am very very happy with this purchase.

After we met up with Peter at Powell's, we came back to campus to get our tickets for The Color of August, a play in the black box theatre here that was this guy's directing thesis. It turned out to be really, really cool with no goodguy-badguy setup. It's a two-woman show, and the two women who were acting reminded me of Lisa and Margot, which just confused me. It was... intense. It's hard to describe, and I'm still processing it. So yeah.

After that we came back home to drop off stuff, and I decided I was too tired to go back out again as we'd planned, to meet one of Jay's friends downtown who gets off work at eleven. So I'm still here, and listening to the Crystal Method playing outside my window. Sounds like someone downstairs is writing a paper.... It makes me happy.

Anyway, good night all. I hope everyone else had good Fridays, too. I love you all so much.

-Jenn-