18 March 2006

Liberally sprinkled with science

I'm posting this mainly to link to an interesting post from Rob the Dirty Liberal on an interesting approach to university-level science education. (I found my way there via the new Teaching Carnival, by the way.)

I went to a liberal arts school because I do believe, strongly, that there's something valuable about having a well-rounded education. This seems like a possible way to give people a well-rounded science education, if it does all hang together, much like my classical humanities course. Too often, I think, students who are interested in a liberal arts education stumble through one of the sciences without seeing where it fits in the big picture--combining them might help some.

Also, Radical Russ posts an interesting animated map of Bush's approval ratings. If your computer isn't liking the changing images, just look at the end points: November 2004 and March 2006. I think the changes over time are informative, though, and if you can, you should look at the animated map. (What can I say? I'm a liberal and like these things.)

School continues. I wish I were sleeping more. Oh, well. I can do anything for six weeks, right? (How do I only have six more weeks--well, eight counting orals and exams--of being an undergrad left?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home